Appointment of GTA Arbitrators
The GTA Dispute Resolution Service is a core activity of GTA and is reliant on the nomination and subsequent appointment of arbitrators from the grain industry who are prepared to act in this important capacity.
GTA is now seeking additional arbitrators from across the grain industry and will include:
- primary producers;
- grain merchants;
- end users;
- flour millers;
- stock feed manufacturers;
- grain traders;
- storage and handling organisations;
- grain exporters; and
- statutory boards.
Requirements to be an Arbitrator
Approved GTA Arbitrators may be Members of GTA or Non Members and shall meet the following criteria:
- be well versed in the practices and customs of the grain trade;
- have a thorough understanding of the GTA Trade Rules and GTA Arbitration Rules;
- have not less than five years experience in the grain trade or grain related industry, or is a professional arbitrator;
- not be a bankrupt, insolvent, or in receivership; and
- not be convicted of a felony.
Appointment and duration
- Approved GTA Arbitrators shall be approved by the GTA Board.
- Appointments as an Approved GTA Arbitrator are reviewed annually by the GTA Board.
To nominate for the role of GTA Arbitrator complete the nomination form and forward it to GTA.
GTA Arbitrator Q&A (PDF 34KB)